When looking for a quick, easy, healthy delicious smoothie my mind runs to one of my favourite creamy and refreshing blueberry smoothie. I enjoy smoothies for breakfast and snacking because they contain healthy and delicious ingredients.
Health Benefits of blueberries smoothie
- Blueberries have tons of antioxidants
- Bananas are a good source of potassium that help to regulate blood pressure.
- Apricot is a rich source of vitamin A, fibre and is packed with antioxidants
- Almond milk is high in protein and is low in calories
- Yogurt is high in protein and contains probiotics that help the digestive system
- Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, are high in protein and are a good source if fiber
- Goli also contains antioxidants
This blueberry smoothie recipe is easy, all you basically need is frozen blueberries, banana, almond milk and natural yogurt. For a sweeter smoothie you can add honey. Honey is optional because the banana is sweet and that is usually sweet enough for me.
1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
1 ½ cups almond milk
¾ cups natural yogurt
Some fresh blueberries
Dry goji berries
- Place the almond milk, yogurt, frozen berries and banana in a blender
- Blend until completely smooth
- Serve and garnish with fresh blueberries, banana, apricot, chia seeds and dry goji berries